- Name Your Blog Appropriately
The name of your blog is, in itself, an opportunity for SEO tactics. Blogs that have very long or even extremely short titles are near useless. Blog titles should effectively convey to the reader what will be discussed and simultaneously entice them into reading the post.
Ask yourself these simple questions to help you come up with a good title:
- Who are my target audience?
- What is the recurring theme of this blog?
- How can I describe this blog considering the industry it is focused on?
- Is there a possibility of using the SEO keywords in the name or title?
A good, descriptive yet short, title focused on a particular theme will cause an increase in organic traffic. For example, a travel website has a “Must Visit Destinations 2018” blog that discusses the best places, as suggested by travelers, on their website.
Always remember that if you’re struggling to come up with a title for your blog, include the main keyword that you are targeting and let the rest flow accordingly.