It is very important for an online business to have a well-designed and efficient website. This not only makes it easier for customers to navigate through but also ensures that their first-hand experience with the online business is pleasant. For the website to be advantageous for the customers, it is important that the web design is not only effective, but it also is a part of the overall web strategy of the company. Online businesses need to ensure that their web design is professional and at the same time attractive so that customers feel comfortable using it and the business can attract and foster a loyal client base. Some of the web design mistakes that online businesses should avoid when launching their business are:
- Web Design is Random and Visionless: Make sure that the business has an overarching strategy for the website. Any web design would be ineffective if it is utilized randomly. The website should portray the organizational mission and purpose. It should be appealing to the target market, and should be handled and updated accordingly. Thus, web design should be aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Lack of Responsive Design: Your customers can access your website from their computers, smart phones and their tablets. Therefore, your web design MUST be responsive to different platforms.
- Lack of Guidance for the Users: It is your job to make the website and the navigation experience as easy for the customer as possible. use clear cut language, include plenty of call to actions, guide the customers about where to go, how to go, and what they will gain from your products and services. Make the content as easy and simple as possible.
- Heavy Websites: Make sure that your website is easy to load! Invest some money in your website and web design and do not rely on free themes available online. Invest in your website, because as an online business, your website is your most important asset. Make sure that the web design is clean and the design facets all work properly.
- Poor media and call to actions: Make sure that the photos, videos, graphics, banners, descriptions are all of good quality. Invest in the content on your website and make information as easy to find as possible. Make sure that you use the media to persuade the customer to take a favorable action.
- Lack of Analytics: It is extremely important for you to ‘know’ your website inside out! Ensure that you know which pages have the most traffic and why. Use the insights to attract customers to your website. Make it a point to regularly update your website and to optimize your pages.
- Lack of Social Engagement: Make sure that the website is linked properly to your social media so that you can ‘connect’ with your customers.