When Online Businesses start out, they start out in an extremely competitive global environment. It is imperative that online businesses take care of some of the basic functionalities of their operations when starting out so that they don’t face issues in the future. Effective Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is one of those necessities for them. It is really important for an online business’ organizational health and efficiency that they have SEO experts on board who are able to give sound advice and develop a healthy and effective SEO strategy for the firm. The SEO mistakes that online businesses should avoid at all costs are:
- Stuffing keyword unnecessarily onto your website. It is good for keywords to be present on the landing pages and help in attracting traffic. But the incessant use of keywords and keyword stuffing just to attract traffic just looks tacky. Therefore, be smart with your word choice; because customers will be too.
- Make sure that all the links on your online business’ website are working properly. Nonfunctional and broken links are a nuisance for everyone. Avoid them! Make sure your link connectivity is functional at all times.
- Make sure that the content on your website is original and catchy! Copying never benefitted anyone, not when you were a kid, not now, not never! So don’t be tempted by your competition’s websites. Be original, create your own content and make it appealing for the customers.
- Make sure that each page has only one anchor and there is no duplication of content within the website. This can sometimes be intentional, sometimes unintentional. But prevent this from happening and make sure that several pages do not carry same listings. This is not only redundant but also results in loss of traffic for the website.
- Invest in your page indexes, title tags, and meta descriptions. Make sure that they are unique, catchy and call out to the customer. Chances are that the customer will not be going through the entire page, but will just focus on these! Therefore, hook the customer in at this point only and do not use uniform title tags and meta descriptions.
- Make sure that you make your website reliable by only including reliable links in your website. Focus on quality rather than quantity here as links from reliable websites are more likely to increase traffic on your website rather than shoddy links from non-reliable websites.
- Since you have put in so much effort on your website, make sure that you analyze the efforts and know which sections of the website are working and which needs more focus! Make sure that you make google analytics or some other analyzer your best friend. But know what works for you and why?
Implement the above-mentioned SEO tactics in your websites and be sure to stand out among the crowd, proud!